Hunt's Directory of Dorset 1851 - Bincombe

Bincombe, is a small village 5 miles N. from Weymouth and 5 S. from Dorchester. The living, a rectory, is united with that of Broadway. Here are some stone quarries and in the neighbourhood are numerous barrows. The parish comprises 980 acres, and had in 1841, 160 inhabitants.

Honeybun

Joseph

Grocery, &c. dealer

Pashen

George

Farmer

Read

William & John

Farmers

Warne

Joseph

Farmer

Woodsford

John

Parish clerk

 

Back to Bincombe page

Back to Weymouth Homepage

Guestbook